- Support the emergence of new media works by indigenous artists and communities.
- Create and sustain educational arts and technology programs that are culturally relevant and based in a collaborative process between Longhouse Media, Native youth, elders, educators, youth workers, artists, and filmmakers.
- Break down negative stereotypes of Native people in the media.
- Produce high quality media for the broad community relating to Native issues and people. Also, to support indigenous non-profits with access to affordable media and video productions.
- Provide youth the skills necessary to tell their own stories through digital media.
- Foster experiences for young people and adults that provide career development in the media field, community involvement through media projects, and artistic expression through digital filmmaking.